Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WOW

So, everyday I click on my blog and go to see who has updated there blogs from the day before. I however just realized that I have not posted anything in almost a month, shame on me. So here is a quick update.

In the middle of August Sam started preschool two mornings a week. I was super nervous about him going and being upset that I left him. He has always been very social with other children and adults but I am always around and since we were having some stranger anxiety I was nervous, as well as them getting him down for his morning nap. When I went to pick him up on the first day, he was all smiles and they said he did a wonderful job and EVERY child in his class (I think there are 7) took a morning nap. I was shocked, from then on I knew he would be fine. Fast forward a few weeks, I am now told that he is the class entertainer, a great eater, and very friendly. He might look identical to his Father, but atleast he has my outgoing personality.

Back in the late Spring my friend told me she was quitting her job due to the arrival of her second baby and wanted to know if I was interested in taking it over. She went into an office one morning a week for 2-3 hours and then worked an hour or so every day at home (5-10 hours a week). I was very nervous about considering it but the more Paul and I thought about it the more we realized we should give it a try. All the details finally got worked out and I started working in mid-August. So far everything has worked out well and it has not been too overwhelming, I pray it will continue to be that way.

Sam is cutting another tooth (I actually think there are several but I can only see one). What is funny is that it is up top but it's not one of the two front top teeth, it's actually to the side. Not sure what he is going to look like when it finally comes in. My mother joked and told me he should be a jack-o-lantern for Halloween and I said no, then she so kindly said what about Dracula. Needless to say I hope those other teeth aren't far behind.

Sam continues to be a decent eater but has become a little less hungry. I am not sure if it is due to the teeth or what but he doesn't seem to want to eat as much. We are doing better with table food but he is not completely able to eat table food alone, I feel like we still need more nutrition. I hope that within the next few weeks we will be off the baby food. I am still nursing him 4 times a day but I am starting to wean him over the next few weeks. I can honestly say that I am thankful that I was able to nurse for a year, but I am SO ready to have my body back. To finish losing my baby weight and just well have my body to myself. I am thankful because (so I have been told by many) a lot of women who suffer from infertility can't nurse. I found it odd but then I started thinking that a lot of issues are hormone related and well the production of milk is due to the production of a certain hormone so it kind of made sense. I also think that maybe it's a good sign for Paul and I on a fertility front, since I could nurse maybe I can actually be one of those people who get pregnant on there own after having a baby, I guess only time will tell (well that and me quitting nursing)...so stay tuned to see God's plan unfold.

Much Love,
Samantha
PS Sorry for the rambling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit