How Far Along: 27 weeks
Size of the Baby: At 27 weeks, about 2 lbs, about the size of a head of cauliflower {according to BabyCenter}
Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my last appt I have gained 3 pounds. Most people would be excited about this but see my starting weight was higher than when I was pregnant with Sam, so overall I am about on track with the same weight gain between Sam and Eli.
Maternity Clothes: Yep. For a long time now. I still have some regular shirts and sweaters I can wear, but for the most part it is all maternity. I wore my regular jeans into my early 20 weeks but I am pretty sure they wouldn't fit now (and I would use the rubberband trick then). I hate winter clothes and maternity clothes for the winter just aren't as comfy as my sun dresses that I wore with Sam. Pretty much daily you can find me in black yoga pants and a tshirt, today it's warm and so I broke out my Nike Tempo shorts, ahh how I love them.
Movement: Eli started off as a slower mover compared to Samuel but has really picked up on movement in the last month or so. He really moves at night when I finally lay down and get my feet up. Some nights he moves so much he keeps me awake or wakes me up. I actually don't mind it because it is one of my favorite things about pregnancy. I also started having braxton hicks contractions about 22 or 23 weeks. They were very sporatic at first and now I usually have several a day, especially exercising.
Gender: It's a boy, Elijah Paul Ebert, "Eli"
Sleep: Not great lately but it's not necessarily Eli keeping me awake, it's the 10,000 thoughts going through my head. Every few days I get a really good nights sleep but other than that I am not deeply sleeping.
What I Miss: Not being out of breath after walking up a few stairs or a small hill, bending down to pick something up and not feeling like I have to prepare myself to get back up.
Cravings: Dr. Pepper, I definitely drink more this time around usually 1 caffeinated drink a day or every other day.
Symptoms: Occasional heartburn usually brought on by bending down and then back up. Baby movement, braxton hicks, & sciatic nerve pain.
Best Moment This Week: Getting complimented on how great I looked for 26+ weeks along.
Least Favorite Moment This Week: Horrible stomach cramps yesterday, they caused me to get up from church and go lay in the car, I felt like such a wimp when the girl sitting next to me is due in like 2 weeks. .
What I am Looking Forward To: Becoming a Mother to two sweet boys. I know the first 6 months will probably be crazy but I am looking forward to seeing their friendship grow as they get older. 3 years ago I would not have thought this day would be happening to Paul and I but every day I thank God that he is trusting me with two children to raise.
Onto the belly pictures...
21 weeks
22 weeks
23 weeks
24 weeks
25 weeks
26 weeks
27 weeks
And for comparison, 27 weeks with Samuel
For more pictures of my 2nd trimester with Samuel click here.
Have a great week,
Samantha



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment