Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Over due post

I am becoming such a slacker on posting, and I am sorry.  I am going to do a quick one on Sam and then "try" to do a 2nd trimester recap this week too.  Sam has been fighting an ear infection since mid January, and after much consideration and well family history, we are now scheduled to have tubes put in and adenoids out on March 1st.  I really hope this makes him feel better because I feel like he is starting to delay in speaking more because of his ears.  He still babbles a lot and says words but they are not as clear as I would like at this point. Sam's favorite words right now are Mama, Daddy, and dog.  I have noticed that he now calls all men Daddy because he thinks that is their name as well as all animals including Mickey Mouse are dogs.  I read somewhere that this is normal.  I find it interesting that if you say where is Mickey Mouse in our book Sam easily points to him but if he initiates name calling it is dog and not Mickey Mouse.  Hopefully that will change soon.  Sam knows a lot of his body parts but is soooo stubborn when it comes to pointing to his nose.  It was the first one that we taught him and now no matter what he will point to his ears for nose as well as when we say ears.  I swear, I think I have a strong willed one on my hands. Sam continues to be clingy to me and now a blanket as well.  I hope some of this clinginess will pass after his surgery so that I selfishly don't have to listen to him whine about me picking him up.  Sam still loves milk but I am trying to cut back a little on the dairy to help with drainage for his ears and nose.  He is a decent eater, his favorite foods right now are green beans, peas, spaghetti, cheese, and yogurt.  He also continues to love dried apples and raisins.  At 16 months he weighs about 24 lbs.  His favorite activities include playing outside in his cozy coupe or tricycle, playing with his cars, and reading books.

Since no post would be complete without some pictures, I leave you with a slide show which I have titled, "sorry ladies, I'm taken"

Sam and his sweet friend Anne Fulton



 Starting early
 Daddy taught me well (JK, Paul)



Much Love,
Samantha

2 comments:

 

yasmin lawsuit