Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sam's surgery & pregnancy update

On March 1, 2012 Sam had tubes put in his ears and his adenoids out.  This was something I thought we wouldn't have to do during his first year because thankfully he was so well but since he turned 1 we have had ear infection after ear infection.  He did great.  He was fussy when they brought him back to me but by noon that day he was practically running through the house.  The adenoid surgery left us with some awful breath to deal with but other than that we haven't had any problems (knock on wood).  A few things that have changed in him.  He now almost runs and walks as quickly as I can.  (I personally believe that the ear infections delayed his walking after seeing how much more confident he is now)  A few of his words are articulated clearer.  His 2+ month runny nose is now drying up.  He appears to be my happy little boy that we experienced his first year.  He is still a little clingy but hopefully that will wear off some before Eli gets here.  Here is a picture from the hospital.

This pregnancy is starting to fly by.  I have less than 11 weeks before baby Eli's due date and I am so busy that I feel like it is going to continue to fly by.  We have started preparing the house for both boys.  I am starting to work on the nursery a little but it is more challenging because Sam is still in the crib as of right now.  We plan to move him April 1, so hopefully that will go well.  Eli is moving all the time and is starting to cause more sleeping issues for me.  It's really not a discomfort as much I feel like he is doing P90X in my belly.  I am starting to get more tired again but hopefully a few good nights rest and I will be back on the up and up.  I try and exercise at least 5 times a week but I feel like I might be pushing it a little right now.  My braxton hicks are starting to become even more frequent but nothing to be concerned about, I don't think.  Next week we have our 4D ultrasound so stay tuned for pics of our precious baby boy.  

So this doesn't really have to do with my current pregnancy but can y'all believe that I am already thinking about baby number 3! yeah you read it right number 3.  This might change after I have Eli and deal with having two kids 19 months a part but I am already excited about thinking of having another one and Eli isn't even here.  I think I might need some help, although I always said I wanted 3-4 kids and to be done by the time I was 30 and well I am 29 now so there is a chance I could have 3 by 30 (we know God is in total control our family plans, it hasn't happened as we planned but man are we enjoying the ride now).  I will probably eat these words one day but for now I continue to dream of a big family and enjoy my loving son, wild belly child, and  wonderful husband.

Have a great week,
Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit