Wow time has flown by and Eli is already a month old. We had our one month doctor visit today and he is doing great despite being dropped twice last week (yes I said twice and more on that in a second). He weighs 11lbs 4oz and is 23 inches long. That is the 90th percentile for each, wow big boy. Overall he is still what I consider a good baby. He is sleeping pretty well during the day and night. The only problem is that it is all in the swing. He does not like to lay flat but it is another month before I can start letting him cry for about 10 minutes. He also has some fussy times. At first we thought colic, but then decided he just had colic tendencies. The doc believes it might be silent reflux especially since he won't lie flat. We got a Zantac prescription and might give it a try if still continues to fuss after feedings. This all started at 3 weeks old.
Ok so on an everyday life scale we are fairing pretty well. Sam loves his brother, whom he calls "night night"but does get jealous some. I try to do a good job of loving on him after Paul gets home or while I nurse. (he will lay back on the boppy and I will rub his head). All that being said, I am still a worn out mama. The thought of cooking my own meals scares me to death. AND here it goes... At 4 weeks old I took Eli up front while I went to get Sam from his nap. I laid Eli in the corner of our couch and went to change Sam's diaper. Well Eli started fussing and he managed to kick himself off our couch. I walked in to see it happen and be completely helpless. Thankfully he quit crying as soon as I picked him up. I felt horrible, nothing like that had ever happened with Sam but I had to remember I had two and things were different. That is all great until 5 days later we were at the pool for the first time and I had Eli out of his carseat while Paul and Sam were at the big pool, I got Eli calm and ready for carseat and the handle bar was in the way so I layer Eli on my towel covered beach chair to fold it back. Low and behold he slid through the blue and white rubber slats. I was hysterical as all I could think of was TWICE. Thankfully the towel must have eased him down and he was fine as soon as I picked him up but I made a scene for sure. So I am not a perfect mom or even a sane one these days but you better believe he is strapped in everything now!
A pic from today
3 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment