It has been a crazy couple of weeks but actually so much better than I expected. Eli is a good baby, Praise the Lord, I think that is the only reason I can function. He is also a big boy. He was born 8lbs 2 oz, we left the hospital at 7lbs 8 oz I believe and at one week he was 8lbs 5 oz, today at 2.5 weeks he weighs 9lbs 5.5oz. I went to lactation today to see how much he was getting and he took 4 oz from me do that was very encouraging. I always stressed with Sam and I don't want to do the same with Eli. He is sleeping great doing 3.5-5 hour stretches, mostly about 4. During the day he is eating about every 3 hours. Although Sam ate every 3 hours during the day he also did it at night too so it is nice to have a little more sleep. After hearing about two newborns rolling over at just a few days or weeks old, I decided maybe I should do some tummy time with Eli (already treated as 2nd child) and after a few days he rolled over. I am sure it was a fluke but glad to know he is competitive like his parents.
We are surviving without help but so thankful we had it the first two weeks and that we have meals being brought by friends. I am worn out by 5.
Thank you for your prayers, please keep them coming.
I will post on Sam another day.
Much love, Samantha
3 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment