This past weekend my parents came down for a mini high school reunion for my dad. My parents spent both Friday and Saturday nights with me (which is a first). Paul was out of town at a bachelor party (imagine that), so I got to have some great one on one time with my parents. Jennifer came into town on Saturday night too, so the Ebert house was full of people. Mom and I went to an estate sale on Saturday morning and found two great antique end tables for our den and a portable wheelchair ramp which will be helpful for my mother-in-law, Vicky. On Saturday night, my parents went to the reunion and Jennifer and I went to help Sally (Matt's fiance)celebrate her bachelorette party. We had such a great time at Nicole's and I even went out to the bars for a bit, yeah that's right I made it out on the town, twice in one month when Paul has been out of town...hmm that might be saying something. Anyhow, on Sunday we all drove to Cullman and met the Jessup family (my sister Michelle). We had a great lunch and I enjoyed every minute with my family.
On the homefront, Paul and I leave early Thursday morning for NYC. We are both so excited, I can hardly even stand it. We have been soo busy for so long, that some R&R will do us and our marriage some good. The shots for treatment are going well. I seem to only have mild hot flashes as a result of the hormones, so hopefully that will continue to be the only side effect. Please please continue to pray for us, I am starting (or have) my hopes up that this will work, and I need to be grounded more, and realize that it still might not work, might not be God's time. So please pray that I will continue to work on patience because everyone knows I don't have a lot of that. While I am on prayer, please pray for others going through infertility treatment and having to face difficult decisions as well as repeated heartbreak. I know all my friends are in need to some good news from atleast someone.
Thanks for your support,
Samantha
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment