The house is almost finished...THANK GOODNESS. I was starting to get a little frazzled b/c we still do not have a kitchen to use and it my patience with our contractor was not going so well. I know I need to update pictures, but once again I just don't have any here. My parents are going to come down tomorrow to help Paul and I do some of the final touches, and Dad is going to come back and lay the sod for us. (I am so thankful he is retired :) )
We went back to the doctor on Wednesday to check in and map out a plan for our next IVF cycle. Since the house is almost complete, I am going to start the process sometime next week. They have adjusted my medicine in hope to stimulate my little ovaries and little better this round. The doctor was very encouraging to talk with, I asked all kinds of questions because I have a fear of it not working again, and he answered all of them with encouragement and said that he would refer me to another practice (probably in Colorado) if we had the same results. I thought that spoke very highly of him, since he admitted he didn't know it all. He also told me that I should go two more round this one and one after before thinking of other options. He felt I was too young to give up. I was so relieved to have a plan, but of course he thinks this round will be different, so maybe it will. On a different note, I asked him why he thought my eggs weren't good last round, and he said he didn't know, it could be various things like toxins (see older posts) or a virus, like mono, that got to my ovaries and kind of tainted them. This was a red flag for me, I was like well my sister has mono right now and had it last year when she lived with me. He said well let's order an epstein barr test to see. Sure enough, I got the results today and at some point in my life I had mono. Now, I don't believe it went to my ovaries, since I don't recall ever having it (note: I did have strep a lot as a child), but at least it's one more possibility of an answer, instead of "you're fine."
Just read this verse and loved it, so I want to share...
Romans 5:3-5 says “We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us - they help us learn to endure”



it is good to hear from you! take care!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you! If you need a place to stay out here you know you are welcome. We are praying for you and Paul!
ReplyDeleteI want to see pictures of the new master bedroom/kitchen/sunroom!
ReplyDelete