Well I have had another couple of weeks of long hours at the office. I have been so tired after work that I haven't felt like getting on the computer or anything else. I last posted about my time with the support group. I think that it took me a long time to realize that I needed help. I still struggle with being labeled "infertile", for example, I cried last night when I got home about it. (This could have been the result of not getting home until 10:15pm from work, but who knows.) Dealing with infertility or secondary infertility (as I am learning about in the books) is a hard thing to swallow, so by accepting that I needed a group to support me who understood has helped. I don't like feeling like I am broken, but unfortunately I am. I have learned that just because parts of me are broken, it does not mean that all of me is broken. I am still working on not feeling totally broken that but I am making progress.
On the Foster Parents front, I called the agency (because I was starting to freak) and found out that the training starting in January was being held in Tuscaloosa, but there would be one in Birmingham starting in April. After discussion with Paul, we decided to wait on the training so that we could focus on what we wanted to do in our own lives regarding fertility. We decided that we were going to put our efforts to the max over the next few months, and if we were still unsuccessful after that, we would take at least a 6 month break from doctors and the stress of it all. I pray that will not be the case, but I trust that God's timing is perfect even if I can't understand it. With that being said, please be in prayer for us over the next couple of months as we empty our pocketbooks, calendar, and souls into trying to make a baby.
Thanks and Love to you all,
Samantha
3 years ago



I miss you Sam! I am so sorry you are working so hard. I will come see you soon b/c I need an update on all things Sam! Hang in there...love and prayer.
ReplyDeleteI thought of you this week. I went to my mail box and my Amazon order came in. I remember telling you that I "almost" ordered Unsung Lullabies the night before the Resolve meeting. Well, apparently I ordered it! I haven't started reading yet, but I'm going to try to have it done before next meeting so we can compare notes!
ReplyDeleteI also got The Infertility Companion, a fertility journal (to help me keep up with my appointments and meds), and Laughin'fertility. I'll let you know if any of them are worth it.
Good Luck!!! I'm right there with you and understand how horrible this is that we're not like normal women! I hate that we have to pay to do what most women can to do without any trouble at all! IT SUCKS! I'm hoping and praying we both have a successful pregnancy in 2010!
ReplyDelete