So one of my blogger friends posted this recap, and I thought it was good so I decided to copy. Feel free to do the same.
Decade in Review:
2000: Paul and I had our first break up (it lasted 4 days)
2001: I graduated from Decatur High School and started college at Birmingham Southern
2002: I broke up with Paul after my freshman year for the summer (2 months); My grandparents moved in with my parents and got to enjoy lots of time with them
2003: Best year of college, end of Paul's college career (undergrad), lots of nights in the Theta Chi basement playing beer pong, celebrated five years of dating and went to NOLA together.
2004: My beautiful niece Faith (AKA tater) was born; GOT ENGAGED FINALLY
2005: Picked out our first home (Paul technically bought it (: ), Graduated from BSC and got married to my best friend, started the real world at Ernst & Young
2006: My handsome nephew was born, Brayden (AKA tater two); started visiting Mountain Brook Community Church
2007: Hated the late hours of Ernst & Young, sold our condo and bought our first real house, changed jobs and started at Southern Living. Decided to start trying to having a baby.
2008: Went on a mission trip with MBCC to Peru; Paul left Ernst & Young and started a new job. Started Fertility treatments. 10 year anniversary with Paul (dating)
2009: My sister Jennifer got married (happiest moment of the year), started hating my job, really struggled with infertility due to failed treatments; Trip to NYC with Paul, first just the two of us vacation since honeymoon, Added onto our house (I know I still need to post pictures); turned in application for Foster Care.
2010: Hopeful for good health and great spirits.
It's kind of sad to reflect on a decade and see how trying to have a baby has controlled my life the last few years. I keep praying that this will be the last year I have to plan my life around trying to have a child. Please pray with me.
Much love,
Samantha
3 years ago



Hey, It was nice meeting you tonight. I really feel so much better after having others that understand this crazy ride we're on. Our stories are so similar, except I graduated in 2000 and started dating my husband in 2001. Our marrigae years and TTC years are the same. I think I've decided to call ART tomorrow and see what they can offer me. Feel free to follow my blog, but I don't post often. My new goal is to work on that, I think you're right, it's good to have somewhere to get all your emotions out.
ReplyDelete