So you know that song by Uncle Kracker, Smile? Oh come on it goes like this..."You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head, spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night, you make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee, just the thought of you can drive me wild, ohh you make me smile..." ok so that was the chorus, so are you with me now? Anyhow this song is one of my new favorite songs. It has been out for awhile, but I guess I have a new appreciation for it. You see when baby Sam starts moving around in my belly, I started noticing that I just get this big grin on my face. So much so that this song pops in my head and I start singing it in my head. I love every single minute of Sam moving. When he gets close to my belly button it really tickles, so much that sometimes I even laugh. It's is amazing how I can love this precious baby so much and I haven't even met him yet. I can only imagine the love that will explode when we actually get to hold him in our arms and raise him. (Disclaimer, I am no where near ready for this experience to be over or for my little man to make his appearance) The other day my friend, Ashley, made two comments that really hit home with me. One is, if I feel so in love with a baby in my belly, I can only imagine how much my parents love me. What I mean is I have a new appreciation of the love my parents have shown me throughout my life and continue to do so. When my Mom cried with me everytime a fertility treatment didn't work, I sometimes thought she still didn't truly understand (in ways of course this statement will always be true since she popped out three kids by looking at my father) but what I am trying to say is that she did, she hurt so badly for me that in turn she took on some of my burden. This kind of love is something that I am only beginning to experience, I can only imagine what the future holds. I can't wait! The second comment my friend made was how being a parent can teach you and show you an appreciation for our Heavenly Father. The Bible tells us that God loves us, there is not doubt about that, but sometimes I believe we as Christians and non believers skip over the fact that the Word tells us so much more about God and his attributes of this Fatherly love. The obvious example is Jesus. God experienced every emotion a parent on earth will ever face, He sent his son to die for us, to teach us the straight paths, to be the example we should all strive to replicate. God saw the suffering that his son was going through and he allowed it to happen so that we can have eternal life with him. Now, we are all children of God, God loves us all in the same manner as he loved Jesus, and isn't it amazing to think about all the love He has for each one of us? I am truly mesmerized by this and so appreciative of being able to experience just a glimpse of all the facets of the love that I will get to show my son.
Thank you all for riding along this journey with us. I can't wait for the future, but for now I am going to just sit and enjoy smiling...
Much love,
Samantha
For my infertile readers, know that I am still praying for each of you. I pray God will direct your paths on continuing treatments, adoption, or whatever the way may be. I know with out a doubt that God hears all our prayers on this topic and He will direct your ways because "He knows the plans He has for you..." Patience is a hard thing, something I still struggle with, but with God at your side He will take care of you.
3 years ago



Samantha,
ReplyDeleteI fall more in love with you every time I read your blog. From this point on you will continue to grow in your love for Sam through all the stages of his life and your appreciation for God's love will continue to grow as well. When I think of all the kinds of love we get to experience here on earth-the love for our spouse, our children, our family and friends-combine all those and multiply them by a trillion and we still can't come close to comprehending God's love for us, it blows me away. I can't wait to hold Sam, to spoil him rotten, to do things that will drive you and Paul crazy, and all my other "Granny" jobs!! Thanks for being such a Godly wife and mother. (BTW, I love your husband and parents, too).
Love,
Vicky