Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and Iron Bowl

I guess I should start off by saying I am sorry for not blogging more lately, I guess I feel like my life has been pretty boring lately, we do a lot of eat, sleep, poop, play, and repeat. With the Holidays among us I thought I would do a quick post...here we go

I cannot wait until Christmas. This year the holidays are totally different for me. If you all remember last Thanksgiving we found out that our 2nd IVF attempt didn't work after such a promising cycle and to quote the doctor "if we put in 3 embryos you will just end up with triplets" I remember being so mad afterwords and the holidays were just hard. A year later, my life has done a complete turn around. I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have a wonderful Husband, a man that loves me so unconditionally, a wonderful and loving family, and a son that saved me. Well let me say God saved me, but it was through Sam I was made whole again. I don't think I laughed for a few years like I have since becoming pregnant and welcoming my son. I love being a wife and a mother, it is the most rewarding job ever and I am so thankful that I will be able to do it full time.

I guess you are all wanting to see pictures of Sam and hear more about him, so here are few fun facts from the last month.

Birthday 7lbs 7oz 20 inches
3 days old 6lbs 14oz
1 week 7lbs 5oz
2 weeks 7lbs 14 oz
3 weeks 8lbs 8oz
4 weeks 9lbs 5oz
1 month 9lbs 8 oz 22 inches
5 weeks 9lbs 10oz
5 weeks 4 days 10lbs (and some change I think)

7 weeks old today, and he will get weighed tomorrow (UPDATE Sam weighs 11lbs 3oz).

I am nursing exclusively right now, and I enjoy it. I stress out about it a little but I am getting better because I don't want it to hurt my supply (thus we didn't get weighed last week). Sam usually eats every 3 hours and he has done this since birth. He sleeps pretty well, going from 3 to 4.5 hours. We have gone 5 hours once, but not the norm. I hope he will sleep through the night by 12 weeks.

Sam doesn't like tummy time all that much, he likes to just turn his head and rest. Daddy likes to work on neck support by pulling on his arms and lifting up. He seems to like it and I think it's working.

Sam is no longer sleeping on the bouncy seat, but is back in the bassinet. He still will nap in his bouncy but doesn't sleep there at night. He likes his swing more and more and likes to do the cradle swing position alot.

His hair has started to fall out. His hair is still wavy when it gets wet, so we are hoping he has curly hair. I think he will have my skin tone (this might be the only thing I get to claim since everyone thinks he looks like Paul).

Sam loves the bath. He likes to peepee of course in the tub. He doesn't like to be cold so he likes it when I put the warm wash cloth on his belly while I am washing his hair.

Sam's personality is really starting to show. He smiles a lot and especially likes it when I sing various body parts songs. He recognizes me right away and in the past few days really recognizing Paul and my Mom.

I cannot wait for the next few weeks to see him grow and to begin teaching him about the Christmas story.







First Trip to Church

Our Thanksgiving Outfit




Thankful for Mommy Thanksgiving outfit. We hosted Thanksgiving and it was so much fun. I felt like and adult.



Before the Iron Bowl. Paul and I went to the game and Sam stayed with my parents. It was so hard being away from him for the long...but atleast my team won. War Eagle!
I hope you all have a great week. Thanks for listening.
Much Love,
Samantha

3 comments:

  1. i love all the pics and of course all the stats as well. its fun seeing a new mom and all the excitment. i remember weighing nathan every week and really looking forward to it. i am actually trying to cherish this little baby stage with luke even more since i know how fast it goes but unfortunatley i dont have the time to keep up as many of the daily stats as i did with nathan. keep enjoying every moment because it really does fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Sam is adorable, and it looks like you are doing a great job with nursing - that's some impressive weight gain for a month! Don't stress yourself out about it. One tip - Mitchell HATED tummy time but I'd prop him up in the boppy on his tummy and put something in front of him, or, put him up on an elevated surface (ottoman, couch, bed) and then sit down on the floor and talk to him. He seemed to tolerate tummy time better if he had something exciting to look at. Just something that worked for us that you might give a try! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is adorable...so glad that ya'll are doing so well! I got the carseat covers from a place in Madison, MS called Sweet Dreams. They were great to work with and shipped them here to KY for us.

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit