This past Memorial Day weekend was an exciting time for our family. We traveled down to Orange Beach with my best friend
Olivia, she truly is one of the most giving people I have ever met. We had a wonderful time with her family and some of her friends. It was a relaxing trip. I was nervous at first about having Sam in the car for 4 1/2 hours for the first time, but overall he did great. He slept at night well, but of course wasn't the best napper. On Saturday, we celebrated my dear husband's, Paul, 30th birthday. I tried to take it easy on him that day. Olivia fixed wonderful stuffed crab shells for his birthday and I brought down a cake. We sat out on the deck over the water and enjoyed a beautiful sunset (we pretty much did this every night). On Sunday evening we went over to the OB marina for the fishing tournament weigh in. It was great to see some of the HUGE fish that were caught. After dinner and people watching, Olivia took some beach pictures of the Ebert clan. This was actually Sam's first time in the sand and ocean. It was great. He seemed to like the water (as he does pretty much all water) and was very intrigued by the sand. I can't wait to see what he does on my girls trip in the sand. I feel like my little boy is growing up so fast, but I love this stage of him. He is rocking a lot sitting up and when he rolls to his belly he pushes up, so I think crawling might be around the corner. Sam also got his first tooth. It's not all the way up but it has broken through.
On a different note, I miss being pregnant. Although I am so thankful for being a Mom already, I miss feeling a baby inside my tummy, but I am scared that I couldn't love another baby as much as I love Samuel. It leaves me wondering if we will get pregnant again, will my OBGYN be right and I actually get pregnant on my own? Will I have the big family that I always dreamed about? Will my love grow enough to give each child the same amount of love that I give my precious miracle child? If I get pregnant on my own, will Samuel always be my favorite because I wanted and prayed for him so much? Does anyone else feel this way? These are the thoughts that go through my head atleast daily...I guess only time will tell.
Furthermore, I want to add that I have the best husband in the world. He works so hard to provide for Sam and I. He was recently promoted at his job and this was an answer to our prayers. I am so proud of him and thankful he is my soul mate.
Have a great week!
Much Love,
Samantha
Loved having you down and can't wait to spend this week with you too!!
ReplyDelete