Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Loss of a Dream

I recently read something that literally struck me to the core. A friend, someone I have never met I add, stated that she might be getting close to throwing in the towel of carrying her own child. Not being a Mother, but being pregnant and birthing a child. I can only imagine her thoughts. I think everyone who struggles with infertility thinks about this topic but if you are like me you try to block it out and keep moving forward, keep sticking yourself with another needle all in the hope of a miracle. But when is enough is enough? Do you know in that moment? For those of you who got pregnant easily, take a second and try to imagine the thought of not having your biological baby that you birthed, then multiply that by a million and you might come close to feeling like my friend. I'm mourning right now and I have a beautiful son sleeping in his crib with pictures of me pregnant hanging on the wall next to him, my friend may never have that. Now, she is not giving up on Motherhood but just the dream that I think most every woman has when she gets married, you start thinking (if you haven't already) what your children will be like and that's the part that breaks my heart. Now if you are lucky and get pregnant easily there is nothing to feel guilty about, be glad you are/were in those shoes and be thankful. And I know that the child, the end result, is what really matters, but I to some degree understand that mourning. I guess this is an emotional post but please just say a prayer for my friend, she could really use one.

Thanks,
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Samantha. This is a difficult time but I know with God's Grace I will get through it. I know that when I'm snuggling my baby it won't matter if he/she came from my womb. It will only matter that I love that little being more than anything. Thanks for the prayers... I could really use a few right now!

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit