Sam turned 9 months old last week on July 11, 2011. He is growing up so fast. He can still only crawl backwards but he gets around pretty well doing that. He can also sit up from the laying position by himself. I find him sitting in his crib or even scarier for me, pulling up on the crib rails. He weighed 19lbs 7oz at his doctors appointment and was 28 1/4 inches. We just started crib bootcamp making him cry it out at 5:30am, it's going fine except he isn't going back to sleep so he is a little more fussy these days (of course that could be due to teething as well, before I nursed at 5:30 and then he went back to bed). He is not a great snacker. He loves his baby food but doesn't like real food that much. He will eat puffs and yogurt melts but doesn't love them (I mean what kind of kid doesn't like puffs?) I keep trying to offer food but he doesn't like to feed himself. He can use the sippy cup pretty well now and I have started the liquid yogurt in that to help transition to whole milk. I am still exclusively breastfeeding and just dropped to 4 nursings. Sam is napping twice a day for a total nap of around 3 hours (unfortunately today has been 1 hour 15 total).
Sam is starting Mother's Day out in the fall and I believe he and I both need it. I love being at home with him but I feel he needs exposure to more people as well. It's so hot right now (and my hormones are all over the place) it's hard to be outside after morning naps, which makes for very long days. So hopefully school will help.
Without further wait, here are the latest pictures.


Have a great week,
Samantha
No comments:
Post a Comment