Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 8, 2011

June was a whirlwind...

Wow, if you want to know why I am so behind on blogging this is why. We started off traveling for Memorial Day weekend to the beach with our friends Olivia & JD. We came home for a few days then Sam and I traveled back to the beach for my girls trip (WAY TOO STRESSFUL, next year, no child for me), once we returned from a 5 day girls trip, I helped with Vacation Bible School at church, that was a lot of fun but I was worn out, the very next week, Paul, Sam, and I left for our family vacation to Charleston. While in Charleston, we found out my nephew was going to be born in NC the next or 3 days after we left SC, so we drove to NC to be there for the birth and then Sam and I flew home 5 days later. (that was a really long run on sentence, forgive me) Anyhow from May 27 until July 3, Sam only slept in his crib at home 17 days meaning this week I was one worn out Mama. With all that said, sorry for not posting. Below is a summary of our month of June with pictures (I'm sure that's all you guys want anyway but here it goes)

Girls trip-Wonderful trip with my college girlfriends, Sam and David (Olivia's son). It started out ok with just Olivia, David, Sam and I but as the week progressed and more people came to the beach, Sam became fussy and tired. He enjoyed playing on the beach for about 30 minutes but the heat and lack of sleep did a number on him. I unfortunately did not get to visit with everyone like I had originally planned, but I guess when you carry an almost 8 month old to the beach by yourself, you're kinda asking for it. The girls got to play and help me with Sam which was way needed, but next year I for sure won't be carrying my son to the beach, anyone volunteering to keep him?

VBS-what a great week. I was so excited about being able to help this year since I am not working any longer. The whole nursing while supposed to be with 5 kids was a little stressful but I managed to get it worked out with the help of a few other workers. It was so great to see child-like faith and I am looking forward to next year, and yes I can still do the sign language and sing the songs from VBS.

Storm-the afternoon before we left for Charleston, a storm popped up out of no where and took down several trees in our neighborhood. My neighbors tree had limbs fall on our house but thankfully, it only damaged gutters mostly. Needless to say we were scrambling to get it all cleaned up before we left.

Charleston-what a nice getaway as a family of 3. Sam did great in the car. We broke up travels staying one night in a B&B outside of ATL in Madison, GA. It was a quaint little town and was nice to just slow the pace a little before we were on the go for 4 days straight. We enjoyed a stroll through the downtown area before dinner and a movie (at the B&B). In Charleston all I can say is we ate (ALOT), so if you see me around know that the weight gained will come back off. Sam did really well overall. He napped pretty well and was good at our nice dinners. I will say I was a little frustrated that we didn't get to go do anything at night (Sam is spent by 7:00 or 7:30) but Paul and I did enjoy just relaxing and talking in the room. We did a city tour, a little shopping, plantation tour, and enjoyed the beach. All were well worth the dent in the pocket book that came along with it. (Food we enjoyed, FIG, High Cotton, Magnolia's, Hominy Grill, Sea Biscuit, Poes Tavern)

Greensboro, NC- the birth of my precious nephew, Parker Alan. My sister Jennifer had her first via c-section due to him being breech. He was a whooping 8lbs 9oz at 2 weeks early. They were at the hospital most of my stay there but I got to enjoy holding a newborn and wishing all my family were a little closer together. He is precious and both Mom and Dad are doing great adjusting to parenthood. My parents are up there still and I enjoyed getting to hang out with them while Sam and I were there.

As promised pictures...
Uncle Paul, Sam, Aunt Sam, and Baby Parker
Sweet Baby Parker
Storm Damage
Storm Damage
enjoying the tent and sand better then the first two trips to beach
Flat, hard beach compared to gulf at Isle of Palm
Sam eating sand at Isle of Palm
Charleston Houses
Plantation, also Allie's summer house from The Notebook
Girls Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit