A few weeks ago Paul and I took Sam to see Santa. I wasn't sure how he would react since most kids his age scream their heads off, but he did wonderful.
He is teething again right now so Santa had to hold his hands down to get a smile but thankfully we got one of his classic smiles for the memory book. I feel like I haven't done a good job about blogging about Sam since we found out we were pregnant again, so here are a few tidbits on Sam as well.
He is now 14 months old
He goes to bed usually around 7:30 and sleeps to somewhere between 5:45 and 6:15. He knows he is to play in his crib until Mommy or Daddy come and get him at 7:00.
He is still taking two naps a day because he isn't ready to drop the morning nap. Usually napping for about 2.5-3 hours total.
He has 7 teeth, but I can see where at least his 8th tooth is coming through.
He has his third ear infections (both ears this time). His first was at 6 months, then 12 months, and now 14 months.
He is not walking, this is not due to inability but more stubbornness. He will pull up and walk with anything that has wheels or a toy that will slide on the hardwoods. He walks with your hands but as soon as you let go and slowly eases himself to the ground and crawls. This is very frustrating for me, it's like when he crawled backwards to two months before forwards. I know he can do it and well my body and I both wish he would just go ahead and do it.
He talks a lot but sometimes there is nothing coherent about it. He loves to point at things and say some gibberish words. He can however point to the light and say light.
His vocabulary consists about about 10 words right now but I have a feeling that is about to grow over the next few months.He repeats more than 10 words, but does not acknowledge the meaning of the words.
He still loves preschool and I am thankful that we are able to send him and give me a little break.
He loves milk and drinks 4 8-9oz sippy cups of milk a day. He could do without any other drink. He loves yogurt and raisins. He is trying to become picky but I think that might have more to do with teeth and ears then anything.
Well I think that's all for now. I hope everyone has a great week!
Much Love,
Samantha
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment