Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

False Alarm...

Last week after posting about my progress I settled down in bed to watch The Vow and notice my contractions were starting to get a little faster and stronger.  I decided I might should keep track of them.  After 2.5 hours with contractions every 10 min to the last hour being 7.5 minutes, I thought I should probably call Paul and tell him to get home from his charity event.  The contractions were no longer what I had experienced as braxton hicks but they were to the point of squeezing the covers and lasting around a minute each give or take 15 seconds.  I have to admit, I was pretty pumped about it, well other than the fact it was getting late at night.  I called my parents and put them on standby and tried to "rest" and labor at home.  The nurse told me this would be best if I wanted to go natural and that since I wasn't 39 weeks, even if I were contracting I wouldn't be admitted unless I was making progress.  Paul decided he should go on to bed.  I tried but didn't fall asleep until about 1 am and at that point knew I wasn't in "true labor" as my contractions had not gotten any faster and were beginning to slow back down to 10 minutes a part.  I woke up at 3 and 4 with strong contractions but by 7 I knew I needed to chalk this up to false labor.  I have no idea why it stopped.  I know they were not just BH because I felt every single labor contraction with Sam and what I was experiencing wasn't just "tightening".  Needless to say the last few days have gotten me on an emotional roller coaster.  Is my precious little one afraid to come out? Will my doctor have to induce despite his encouraging words that he didn't think so?  Hearing lots of "oh, you're still pregnant" or "so and so didn't expect to see me at work today"  Don't people know that at this point the person most anxious to meet Elijah is ME? Ahhh, one of my best friends swears he is waiting on her to get back from the beach and well I am happy to report, she is on her way home, so we will see if she is right.

Tomorrow 5/16 I am officially 39 weeks and I hope it will be my last belly photo.  For now, here are the last two weeks.
37 weeks
 38 weeks


Thanks for listening.

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit