Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The weight

Disclaimer, this post may come across as ungrateful and that is not my intent at all, but this topic is something I am struggling with and well my blog has always been my sounding board. Here it goes.

Over the last 5 years my weight has been out of control. I mostly blame the act of getting pregnant as my starting point but age is also a factor. When Paul and I started trying to have kids I was in fairly good shape. I had gained a little in the two years we had been married at that point but that was ok because I was a little too skinny at my wedding. I have always been athletic and "smaller" so those few extra pounds didn't bother me. We then started infertility treatments and well the stress and hormones from that I put on a little more weight so about 15 pounds from the time I got married but I knew it would come off whenever I got pregnant because I planned on breastfeeding and everyone gets skinny while doing that right? Well needless to say I got pregnant with Sam and gained 29lbs in that pregnancy and lost about 15 or so of it within like 3 weeks and then after Sam was about 2 months old the weight started to come back on. I put on about 5 pounds and stayed there the rest of Sam's first year, despite exercising regularly and eating decent. Well as you all know, I got pregnant while still nursing and didn't get to lose that remaining 20lbs. I did lose a little after I stopped nursing despite being pregnant but that was not anywhere near 20lbs. I vowed to stay in shape and really workhard to stay fit during my pregnancy with Eli because I didn't want to end up gaining an additional 29lbs. I succeeded and only gained 11 lbs with Eli. So by the time I left the hospital I was pretty much back to where I was when I finished nursing Sam. I lost a little more weight right after Eli was born but wouldn't you know I started putting it back on. As you can imagine this is very very frustrating. Especially for someone who has always been "smaller" People even said to me when I was first pregnant with Eli how I didn't look so"swollen" anymore. Gee thanks. So once again, I am bigger than I wanted to be even bigger than when I delivered Eli I feel like and well it STINKS! I obviously can't go on a complete diet because I am nursing I can only choose to eat better. I just joined a gym and vow to exercise 5 times a week but in the end I don't think it is going to matter. Now, yes I know that I don't look like I just rolled off the Krispy Kreme truck but I don't look like myself either. This is where the depression has come in. I am so thankful that I have been able to have two children and nurse, so don't hear it as a complaint, I just am frustrated. I also know that I could quit ebf but isn't it my job as a mother to provide the very best for my children if possible? Wouldn't it be selfish of me, when God has given my the capability? (Now, note I am not knocking formula at all, this is just about me personally) I guess what I am saying is for the next 8 months I am going to not look my best and it could be even longer if the Lord blesses us with another child, so I need prayers, I need it for my attitude and mood.

Thanks!!

Much Love,
Samantha

2 comments:

  1. Samantha... Go read my post fom the other day! We are in the same boat! I think you look great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me feel so much better than I'm not the only one struggling with this issue. I've been working out 4+ days a week and I seem to continue gaining...I fluctuate six pounds a week. Six pounds! I've been trying to get advice from everyone and nothing seems to be working. Hang in there. I'm going to try and do the same :)

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit