Well you know that song "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"? Well that has been my life over the last couple of days. I know you all are mad b/c I haven't updated, but give me a little credit, I have been birthing out some eggs!!! That's right, I covered the people are crazy when I about chewed out every person I came in contact with this week (HORMONES), Paul covered the beer is good when we came home from egg retrieval and grabbed a beer (details below on his reasoning) and the God is great is covered everyday but for me especially this week. One we were allowed to do egg retrieval, two we had awesome results, and three the results continue to be good. God is just so amazing. I don't understand how anyone can go through IVF and not believe in God, it's truly a miracle what takes place.
Okay onto egg retrieval. I was nervous about going in, you would think I would be calm since I have done this before, but I wasn't. I told them to make sure that they gave me lots of drugs b/c I didn't want to feel anything, well they did and after the procedure I passed out on the toilet with Paul (PS I had not gone to the bathroom) he was trying to manage me and get the nurses to help, I wake up to the smelly stuff being swabbed under my nose. I finally make it back up to the bed and rest for probably another hour or two and then we get ready to try and get me dressed again and I tell Paul and the nurse that I don't feel well and point to the bed pan, sure enough I get sick, multiple times. Finally I am stable so Paul goes and gets the car, I wait with the nurse and tell her I am not feeling well again, she tells me that once I get in the car and get settled, I would feel better. Well...she was wrong I did make it to Oxmoor before I got sick again. Thank goodness they sent me home with a bed pan. I finally get home and get in bed, sleep all afternoon, and when I wake up, Paul is drinking a beer. He deserved it though, he was a trooper. So that is my embarrassing story for the week. Stay tuned for more to come.
Some verses to give us all peace and comfort. Happy Friday!
Psalm 18
1 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave [b] coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.
To read more click here... http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2018&version=NIV
Samantha
3 years ago



Samantha
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and Paul EVERYDAY, you are both such strong people.
Love
Laura L. Anglea
Good Luck!! I'm praying that this will be your miracle month!
ReplyDeleteI was sent to your blog by a friend...I am really enjoying reading all of your inspirational posts... my husband and I are on bc for our first round of IVF. I am also at ART in bham! would love to chat with you! thanks for your inspiring words!
ReplyDeleteIn Him,
Adair
just emailed you, and added your blog to our list! can't wait to hear that God worked a miracle this month for ya'll!
ReplyDelete