Gosh I so wanted to have this post a few days ago, but work was crazy and I just didn't feel up to posting after work. Over the last few posts I have asked that you all continue to pray for those struggling with infertility. There is this feeling, it's like this unbreakable bond that is between women who struggle with trying to get pregnant. Well over the last few weeks, I have been excited and upset over friends who anxiously awaited the pregnancy test that followed the dreaded two week wait from the last fertility treatment. I wish I could say that I knew at least one who did conceive and everything is going great, but it's with a broken heart I report that all these cycles did not result in a viable pregnancy. But that's not what I want to focus on, I want to focus on what happened next...as we all grieved with one another after constantly checking facebook, email, or blogs for updates, we all united. I say that because another infertility friend was just beginning her cycle and needed medicine b/c insurance doesn't cover it, and well it is not cheap (i believe without insurance coverage one of my IVF meds costs over $6500), but one girl had extra or was taking a break and wouldn't use the medicine before it expired and so one friend called the other friend and said do you want this? I mean to just give away hundreds of dollars of medicine to help another girl who desperately wants to get pregnant after you just found out you weren't pregnant is just unreal to me. I am just in awe of how these paths would probably have never crossed if it wasn't for infertility. Then there is an infertility conference this weekend in Atlanta and one couple is going and then another girl read it and decided she and her husband should go too, so they could all go educate themselves on other options together, & so they aren't alone. (Early on in infertility and even later into struggles a lot of women feel like they are the only one in the world is who can't get pregnant) Any how I am rambling, but the point of this post is to pay it forward, no matter what area of your life this might principle might apply...just keep your eyes and hearts open.
Have a good week. We go to the doctor on Thursday and hopefully will get an ultrasound to confirm if Tot is a boy or a girl.
Much Love,
Samantha
3 years ago



such a bond between us infertile folk....it has truly amazed me.
ReplyDelete