On October 11, 2010 my world was turned rightside up (I don't like the way upside down sounds). I became a mother to a son that I would die for. Not only did I become a Mother to him, I had a new role to my husband, I was now the Mother of his child. Our relationship has grown tremendously since we started our journey to becoming parents and now we still look at eachother and are in awe of Samuel. Becoming a mother is all I have ever wanted. Even as a child I knew I wanted to be a wife and mom. The job is much more rewarding than I ever imagined. I love holding him in my arms, I love that sometimes I am the only one who can comfort him, I love being able to breastfeed and provide him his every need. I love when he passes gas and well lets just say dirty diapers aren't that bad either. I love walking in the room and him turning his head because he hears my voice, or when I get close to him and he just lights up with the biggest grin in the world. Well let's just say that takes my breath away. If you all remember when I was pregnant, I posted about the songs "You make me smile" and well he still does every day and pretty much every minute too. I cannot believe he is 12 weeks old already. I feel like my little baby is gone and he is already a toddler. I am so in love with him and his father that I can't imagine my life without them. God truly blessed me when he gave me them both.
Here are a little fun facts about Samuel and some pictures too.
Samuel weighs 13lbs 3 oz at 12 weeks. He is very active still kicking his legs and arms just like he did in my belly. He drools constantly and at one point I thought we were going to have some teeth soon, but I have now discovered they are milk teeth. He smiles all the time and is a very happy baby. He is starting to wear 3-6 or 6 month clothing. He is pretty long for his age. We have been going through sleep bootcamp with him since Christmas. He is now sleeping between 5-7 hours. If he cries before 5:00am then he is on his own and must self soothe. Usually when he wakes up at 5:15 or 5:30 his just snacks and falls right back to sleep so I know we are getting close to going until 7ish. He loves his baby einstein DVD, and I am going to go look for some Praise Baby DVDs too. I tried not to do the whole TV thing but he figured it out over Christmas and now atleast I can have 20 minutes to do something while he watches the video. He LOVES and I mean LOVES sucking on his fingers. I think it's partly because of those milk teeth. I am trying to get him to suck on Soffie the Giraffe instead but it's not working really. He is now shaking the rattle some and loves Spot, his lovie. Christmas was wonderful and he even got to experience his first snow. I put some snow on his face and he just looked up at me like "mom what are you doing" but not a tear was shed.



Since I have a toddler, I now consider 12 weeks still "newborn!" :) He will be a toddler before you know it, though, so enjoy these early months! They are gone much too quickly! I need to come see yall!
ReplyDelete