So my good friend Emily told me about this blog titled The Generous Wife (linked on the right side). The writer updates every day with little tidbits about how to keep your marriage strong and spicy (her spouse does a Generous Husband blog as well). Not everyday is about sex or about submission but just little ways that we as women can follow God's instructions for us in marriage. Today's post struck me, which is funny because it's actually one she labels romance, sexuality, and touch. The reason why is because since having Sam I feel tired at the end of the day, so we have gotten in a relax habit of sitting in front of the TV after Sam goes to bed instead of communicating and doing things together. In the last week or so I have made a half hearted effort to put the tiredness excuse away and work on strengthening ALL areas of my marriage, and well I can tell it was only half hearted. Let me also say that Paul and I have a wonderful marriage and rarely have an argument so I didn't think I needed to work, or as my friend Emily put it "fight", for my marriage to keep it strong. Meaning I don't get relaxed because we get along together under one roof but by having the longing for one another that somewhere in 5 1/2 years of marriage (and 12 1/2 years together) has drifted away a little. So to The Generous Wife's (and also the sources she lists on today's post) suggestion even if I can't finish what I start I am going to put a whole hearted effort on doing things for my husband and marriage. I challenge you all to do the same.
Much Love,
Samantha
No comments:
Post a Comment