Well today is going to be a little off b/c I did not make my post on Wednesday. Last week the Generous Wife posted about how we pray for our spouse. Are we generic or do we get down to the specifics. This past week I worked on that myself. I asked Paul what was going on in his life, not just surface topics, but deep down. I listened and then put post it notes up around the house in places I would see the topics multiple times a day (the back door, bathroom mirror, computer keyboard, above the toilet paper holder, etc). I will say this has really helped me not just say "Lord please be with Paul at work and in his health" but rather "Lord, thank you for Paul's job please be with him while he is at work and give him the strength to do the best job he can and lead him to be a witness to others, please also be with his health, allow him to make healthy lifestyle decisions and not get sick" To clarify my first prayer was not bad (at least I was praying) but by knowing specifics it has brought me closer to both him and God. I pray that this example (stolen from The Generous Wife) will be an example to all of you as well.
Here's to strengthening our marriages one day at a time,
Samantha
No comments:
Post a Comment