Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spousal Saturday

So my Wifey Wednesday is going to be Spousal Saturday this week. I have been thinking about what I wanted to share for a few days, and it has just come to me (hence the late post). Communication. I have found from being a stay at home Mom for the last 6 months that my life has changed tremendously. Being a parent has changed me as well as being out of the workforce. I have discovered my need for affirmation from my husband, something I used to not need because I got the "job well done" at work. A few times over the last 6 months, I have gotten my feelings hurt or been upset because Paul hasn't told me the "house looks nice" or "dinner was good" but I have now realized (I'm a slow learner) that I can't expect him to just know that I have changed. He didn't change, it was me, and if I need to hear affirmation at home about being a housewife and stay at home mom, then I need to have a conversation with him and tell him. Now that conversation wasn't one where I raised my voice and told him "I can't believe you don't acknowledge what I do around here" even though there are times I wanted to say those words, it was one of compassion and honesty where I spoke from my heart of the new challenges I face. I pray that if this is something that speaks to your heart you will ask God for the right words to speak to your husband and you will take the next step in strengthening your marriage.
Here's to strengthening marriages one day at a time.

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit