
So I stole this idea from my friend Mary Louis and I thought it was great, I had no idea I would be writing these entries just a few weeks after she did. Thus, I wrote this entry when I first found out I was pregnant, here's the story...
Over the last few months I started taking pregnancy tests on a pretty regular basis, because let's be honest here, I love my glass of wine (and b/c I have not had a period since before Samuel due to nursing exclusively). Lately for some reason I started taking tests like once a week verses once a month, all negative, something I am all too familiar with. On September 19, 2011, Sam and I went to the zoo in the morning and around 10 or 10:30 am I started feeling well like I needed to eat. I thought that's weird, I felt that way yesterday too. So I decided to take a test, I mean I bought the dollar tree kind for this exact reason. I took the test and well I stared at the test and blinked a few times and stared some more, what that really a second line? Of course, I had one name brand test in my house but had just gone to the bathroom. I looked at the dollar test again and decided ok I am pretty sure that's not my imagination. I then turned the faucet on and took the first response test. It was positive immediately, and the tears just start falling. I then prayed to God thanking him for allowing us to conceive, but was a little freaked out as well. By this point I can't wait for Paul to come home for lunch but how am I going to tell him? Sam is asleep and I can't wait until after work to tell him, I mean I am already about to explode with joy. I decide that I will write a note like I did with Sam that said "do you see what I see?" Paul finally makes it home for lunch and I said I will say the prayer today. I start off (what felt like my voice shaking) and thanked God for today and the food before us, our wonderful son Samuel, and for the new baby on the way. Paul proceeds to blurt out, "you're pregnant?" I then give him the note with the tests and the look of joy and also panic flashed across his face. He was beyond thrilled after a few minutes and then we talked about waiting to tell family & friends. I told him that we were going to the doctor on Friday to figure out how far along I was and to confirm pregnancy. We shall see how long we can keep it a secret if everything checks out at the doctor's office on Friday. For now just a few people know, and my Mom is going to kill me when she finds out that she wasn't second to know. For now, we are just waiting and praying everything goes well Friday.
Stay tuned for more to come.



Congrats!!!!!!!! So excited for y'all!! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDelete