It's been over a week and a half since I had my last "true" post. Thankfully, my loving husband stepped in with a wonderful post from his heart (see below). I mean to all you reading this, who wouldn't want to try and make a baby with him. I have been amazed at the support I have received from Paul during this time in our lives, and especially over the last week when we were both hurting so badly. Last week was rough, there is no denying that, I cried everyday, I was depressed and there was absolutely nothing that anyone could do to make it any better. Then Monday came, I had to go back to work...the dreaded work that helps pay for our infertility treatments. It was hard that morning, but by that afternoon, I started to feel better. I am not sure if it was the support from my wonderful coworkers who just listened and mourned with me, maybe it was my hormones finally leveling out, or maybe it was God answering my prayer of help. I needed help more than any other time in my life and that day and on Tuesday I was reminded of the hope that I have in God. I cut this devotional out on April 23, 2008. It was something that I had hung in my office and would look at it every once in awhile, but this week I stared at it knowing I needed to read it.
Wednesday-April 23
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7
Be patient, it'll happen in God's time!
The old saying, "You can't always have what you want," isn't necessarily true. When you "Delight yourself in the Lord...he will give you desires of your heart" (Ps 37:4). But usually He makes you wait. Dennis Wholey says: "Waiting is an art...If you can wait two years, you can achieve something you couldn't achieve today however hard you worked, however much money you threw at it, however many times you banged your head against the wall." There are things you can't have today that you'll be able to have in the future. So it doesn't make sense to drive yourself crazy and put your life on hold struggling to accomplish something now, that'll be easy when the time is right.
James says, "Don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature" (Jas 1:4). God allows certain things to take place in our lives to teach us important principles like" (a) developing new skills and ways of thinking; (b) showing grace and controlling our responses; (c) maintaining our faith when times get tough. Paul writes: "Patience...[is...the power to endure whatever comes, with good temper]" (Col 3:12), "Be glad for all God is planning....Be patient in trouble, and prayerful always" (Ro 12:12) When you spend time in God's waiting room, He's developing qualities in you that simply can't be developed any other way. When He's finished you'll come out stronger and wiser. And you'll have the maturity to handle what He has in mind for you. SO don't let the enemy rattle you or engineer circumstances that put you into overdrive. "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him."
So you see that is where my heart has been this week. I see the future and though I don't understand it, I know that there is a plan and I am comforted to know that our two babies are in heaven with the Lord, joining their sibling, and God has more to come with Paul and I. Please continue to pray for us as we continue to mourn and discuss future options. We are excited to be receiving some information on a new adventure that we might pursue (More to come in the future weeks) Thank you all again for all your love and support, we can't say it enough.
PS we are having a Yard Sale Saturday December 5 7-12 if you are interested, leave me a post and I will send you my address.
Honest Scrap Award
I received this award from my dear friend Mary Louis. I guess she is correct on her entry stating I am very open and blunt on my blog, so here goes nothing...
Rules for the award:1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
10 Honest things:
1. I am obsessed with Grey Anatomy and 90210. I love private practice too, but it's sometimes hard for me to watch.
2. I wanted to wear jeans on my first date with Paul, but my Mom would not let me.
3. I love my coworkers (always have) but hate corporate America. I plan on retiring soon :)
4. Family is my number one priority behind my relationship with God
5. I was born in the pretzel position
6. I am often jealous of pregnant people but happy at the same time
7. I love red wine
8. My mother is my best friend
9. I am more comfortable in my nike tempo shorts or lounge pants than slacks, I would wear them to work if allowed, for not I just got jeans passed everyday
10. I am very driven, and keep at things until I get what I want :)
Here are my 7
1. Jeris Burns (because you make me laugh)
2. Olivia Reed (for my sweet David's pictures)
3. Kelley Brown (for your blogging on the joys and trials in your life)
4. JZ (for understanding the pain)
5. Ashley Spann (for your inspirational posts)
6. Rhonda Hennessy (for that little Priss of yours)
7. Giving it back to Mary Louis because she truly tells things like they are as well.
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment