Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

This week and Dr. visit

I want to start off by saying thank you all again for the continuous prayer for Paul and I. We are so thankful to know others are riding along this journey with us, to help get us through this. So thank you!
I went back to the doctor for my post IVF followup. I thought I would go in and pitch a fit maybe raise my voice, to some how make the doctor feel my pain after I was told with such confidence that he was expecting positive results. In the end, I didn't. I realized that it wasn't going to make me pregnant. As I have worked through the 5 stages of grief, I think I have finally made it to acceptance. Now don't get me wrong I still go through some isolation, anger, & depression, but I am happy again. I finally decided to go to an infertility support group as well. I am so excited I went. The group is called RESOLVE and it is a national organization. I recommend trying it out if you are struggling with finding the right people to talk with who understand. I actually spoke about my blog and how much it helps me to vent (and I don't mean to you people) but to let out my feelings and emotions, for me it is sometimes easier to write then speak aloud. We also spoke about dealing with the holidays, being around families who may or may not know your personal struggles and dealing with another year gone by and still no child. The speaker said something that I found interesting regarding the previous, she said that it is our job (Paul and I) to educate our friends & family about what we are going through. I thought it was an interesting point. Hopefully I do a good job because I really do want to be that outgoing, fun loving person again, but right now there are time when I am just not, but I am working on focusing my life not around having a child. This sounds like an easy task, but unfortunately it's not. Going back to my doctors appointment, I didn't get any answers, I was only told that my doctor has never had anyone with as good of a response that I did this round not get pregnant, but unfortunately he couldn't tell me when. I understood and knew if he did tell me then he would be God and well let's just say I don't think that's the case. Paul and I are now trying to figure what our next step is in regards to our own child. Do we try again now? do we take some time off? Do we use our frozen embryos now? All questions we are working through, for now I guess we will continue to rely that God will direct our path to the right answer.
Samantha

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the support group! I was just wondering to myself if you had looked into one. They can be such wonderful resources! I will be prayerful about the decisions regarding your next steps forward! We love yall!

    ReplyDelete

 

yasmin lawsuit