Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

The heartbeat



So we went back to the doctor today for another ultrasound. We were very excited about this since we didn't get to see the heartbeat last week. As soon as she zoomed in I saw the heart just a flickering, it was so amazing. She measured everything and my sac measured 7 weeks 4 days and the baby measured 6 weeks 4 days. I am 6 weeks 6 days pregnant today, so we are right on track. The ultrasound tech did find a small pool of blood covering less than 10% of the sac.
The little indention above the baby is blood I believe...
She asked if I had been spotting and I said not in the last few weeks, but the first week I spotted a lot. She stated that I might see a little blood and I might not, but hopefully the blood would just go away on it's own by my appointment next week. The nurse practitioner I saw told us it was nothing to worry about, but just take it easy. She acknowledged the fact that I was worried and would worry for the next week that everything was ok. She also said that since the baby is growing exactly on target we should really try not to worry. Well I am going to "try" not to worry, but I can't promise anything. I have read online that if the blood around the sac gets bigger than it could cause complications with the baby, but they were thinking it would resolve on it's own. The NP was sending all of this info to my doctor for him to review. They may tell me to stop taking the Heparin injections now. I will of course be scared about that, but I know that they know more about pregnancies than I do. Please continue to pray for us and our "tater tot" aka the baby. The miracle has been blessed by God from the beginning and I know that it is all in His hands, but man if it's not hard to completely turn it over. For now, I am remembering Jesus' words..."Do you still not have faith in me?" and letting it go...Thanks for praying and listening.




Much Love,


Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

yasmin lawsuit